I’m so stoked! I got nominated for the Liebster Award yesterday which is just lovely lovely. I’ve only recently started blogging again, so it’s amazing to be recognised by another blogger! Thank you to Chloe at the awesome chloesbookblog for nominating me. 🙂
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are Chloe’s questions for me:
1.What is your favorite book?
Is there ever a harder question to answer than this? It’s like asking me which of my children is my favourite (okay, I don’t have any kids but I imagine it to be similar). I guess if someone had a gun to my head, I’d have to say Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, but it’s a close call.
2. What is your favorite series and why?
Harry Potter – not even a hint of a surprise there, I’m afraid! Harry Potter is everything happy about my childhood rolled up into seven books. They continue to have an impact on my life and I still take new words of wisdom away from them even now. They’re also just so bloody magical, amiright?!
3. Who is your favorite author?
J.K Rowling would be an obvious choice, but I’m also an enormous fan of Philip Pullman, Malorie Blackman, Roald Dahl and Patrick Ness (who I’ve recently discovered and have fallen madly, hopelessly in love with).
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Um. Other than eating, you mean? I guess blogging would be my first answer – I’ve been writing here and there for quite a while now and its always helped me to relax and refocus. I’m also a fan of reading, cooking, spending time with my family/friends and drinks of the alcoholic variety…
5. What is your main goal in life?
I guess my real ambition in life is to be happy! I’d love to be able to turn writing into a career at some point, especially if it means I can work for myself.
7.What is your favorite movie?
These questions are making me realise how indecisive I am. I’ll give you three of my favourites instead: The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Billy Elliot, The Karate Kid.
8. What is the first book you fell in love with?
The first book I fell in love with was probably The Bad Beginning, the first installment in Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events books. I had loved all sorts of books and authors before that (including anything by Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton or Jacqueline Wilson) but it was the first book that kicked me into an obsession with one particular series and writer. I still have my original copies now, ten years or so on. 🙂
9. What is your biggest fear in life?
Being alone, for sure. Don’t get me wrong – I like ‘me’ time, but I’d be absolutely, utterly lost without my friends, family and boyfriend. NEVER LEAVE ME GUYS.
10. If you were stuck on a remote island what 3 things would you bring with you?
My new Harry Potter treasury (omg pretty new covers of dreams), a pillow and a photo album filled with snaps of my favourite people, because I am assuming that I’m not allowed to substitute my three items for three humans!
11 random facts about me:
- I work in marketing.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I’m a hoarder – I don’t like mess, but I hate throwing away birthday cards, concert tickets, letters etc.
- Rumours by Fleetwood Mac is my all time favourite album.
- I’m a Brownie (Girl Guide) Leader, which means I spend every Tuesday night doing arts & crafts and getting glitter stuck in my hair.
- I genuinely like dogs more than I like most people.
- I collect children’s books and treasuries.
- I was once caught queuing up for Reading Festival tickets on regional news when I should have been in school. Worth it.
- I honestly believe there is a suitable Harry Potter quote for every moment in life.
- It’s my ambition to live in the countryside and own two ducks called Gollum and Smeagol.
- I adore cooking, but I have minimal patience when it comes to baking.
Here are 11 questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favourite series of books?
- Kindle or paperback?
- If you could have any YA hero as your boyfriend/girlfriend, who would it be and why?
- Are there any books which you hate, but everyone else seems to love?
- Which book character do you think is most like you and why?
- Peeta or Gale?!
- Which book has had the most impact on you?
- What’s your favourite book to film adaption?
- If you had a Patronus, what would it be?
- Which book world do you wish you could live in?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
- Charleigh @ charleighsbooknook
- Ciarra @ littlecityliterature
- Megan @ pitchblacksky
- Sarah @ sarahlikesbooks