My god, I am wading through a whole sea of awesome book tags at the moment, so let’s get this show on the road!
1. Chocolate-Covered Pretzels: A book couple you never thought would work/get together?
I usually root for pretty much any couple in the books that I read, because I’m a massive romantic and I love a bit of fluff. Saying that, I was surprised that Tar and Gemma lasted so long in Melvin Burgess’ Junk and when reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, I never for a second thought that Simon and Izzy would actually couple up!
2. Prunegales (see what I did there? the name is trademarked so I couldn’t use it): An addictive book you can’t get enough of?
Recently it was definitely I’ll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson. I demolished that little treasure one sunny Sunday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. I have no regrets. If you’re interested in my review, you can check it out here.
3. Trail mix: A book with a variety of characters?
I’m currently reading Lady Midnight by Cassie Clare (yaaaaaas), and it’s absolutely crammed with a variety of wonderful and intriguing characters, as the Shadowhunters books usually are.
4. Fruit bowls: An unpredictable character?
I think I’d have to go with President Prentiss from Patrick Ness’ Chaos Walking trilogy. He’s good, he’s bad, then he’s kind of good, with shades of bad. Man, my head hurt trying to figure out what that guy was going to do next.
5. Nut Bar: Your go-to book?
Totally predictable here, but it has to be the Harry Potter books. Repeat after me: Anytime is a good time for Harry Potter.
6. Popcorn: A character you can’t help but like?
There’s definitely a few that would fall into this category! I really enjoyed Sebastian as a villain in The Mortal Instruments books despite his deviance and I have an undying, unyielding love for Severus Snape.