- The gallery on your phone constantly looks like this:
- You keep a notepad in your bag/next to your bed/in your car for when inspiration strikes.
- You live in fear of your laptop breaking, having to pay for Canva or the WiFi going down.
- You wake up in the middle of the night for a wee and find that to be a good excuse to check your WordPress stats.
- Your non-book blogging friends unfollow you on Twitter because every Friday night their feed is suddenly full of #ukyachat and despite you explaining, they still don’t know what it means.
- Your friendly local book shop staff recognise you, plus they definitely know that you’re too old to be spending that much time in the teen section.
- The pile of books you want to read and review is so big, that your family fear it might well crush you one day.
- You start thinking of days out as potential blogging opportunities, ‘I’m sure I can make that shopping trip around Warwick relate to Shakespeare somehow…we are fairly close to Stratford-Upon-Avon after all…’
- Abbreviations like ARC, TBR, MC, OTP and YA become part of your every day vocab and you look at your friends and family blankly when they tell you they have no idea what you’re talking about.
- Sunny days make you want to stand on a chair and take photos of your latest book crush surrounded by a number of carefully selected, color coordinated objects. THE LIGHT IS JUST SO GOOD FOR BOOKSTAGRAM.
- Your Google history is mostly made up of bizarre things like ‘throwing book against the wall gif’ and ‘Harry Potter book hangover’.
- You did a little happy dance when your first ARC got approved on NetGalley, but keeping that little feedback percentage at 80 is the bane of your life.
- Goodreads to you is what Facebook is to other people. I’ll take your blurry pictures of Sunday dinner and raise you a status update about The Raven Cycle.
It’s fun being a book blogger, ain’t it?
PS. I’m currently on holiday with all of my books, so if you are so kind as to leave a comment and I’m super slow to reply (or don’t reply at all), rest assured that I am neither ignoring you or an ungrateful blogger! ❤