I was actually going to post another review tonight, but that turned out to be slightly more ranty than expected and considering my recent critique of TWATD (which you can read here, if you dare) I thought I should probably give you lot a reprieve.
Big thanks to Louise @ Louise Loves Books for nominating me for this award, it is massively appreciated. ❤ You can check out her blog and her answers right here.
A quick Google search unfortunately turned up nada in my mission to find out the origin of this award or who created it. 😦 If anyone does know, please let me know!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10)
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations
What was the last book you read?
The last book that I read was A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It was a beaut. If you haven’t read it, I suggest you go out, buy it and then gobble it up in one sitting at your earliest convenience.
What’s your favourite cartoon character, and why?
Aside from Disney characters, I am a little bit partial to Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants and I’m not really sure why. Maybe because he’s the embodiment of my inner idiot.
What’s your pet peeve?
This will only make sense to UK bloggers, but my current pet peeve is people (usually blokes in BMWs) who drive at 68mph in the middle lane of the motorway for no good reason. WHY. THAT IS NOT WHAT THE MIDDLE LANE IS FOR. DRIVE LIKE A PERSON WITH HALF A BRAIN.
Do you have a talent, and if so what?
Uhhh, like a party trick? If that’s what was meant by this question, I don’t think that I do! I am generally quite unremarkable when it comes to things like this.
What is your favourite book genre?
My favourite book genre is probably YA fantasy or dystopia. You just can’t beat the escapism that you get from disappearing into a world that is entirely unlike yours.
If you could have an endless supply of food what would it be?
I love Asian food, so if I could have an endless supply of Wagamama, that would be ace. Noodles for daaaaaaaaayz.
What was the last book you DNF’d?
I haven’t DNF’d a book in forever, actually. It very nearly happened recently with both Gilt Hollow and The Otherlife though, and I am currently stuggling to engage with Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe. HALP.
How would you spend one million pounds or dollars?
I’m afraid I’m going to be very generic here and say: buy a house, go on an epic holiday with family and donate to charity. Then with whatever money was left I would re-home ALL of the dogs in my new, massive house. Gotta use that space well, haven’t I?
Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds?
I’d rather be invisible I think. There’s no situation in which I want to hear exactly what everyone is thinking. I’d rather their thoughts about me stayed firmly private haha.
If you could live in any period of history, when would it be?
I’d love to go back to the 70’s and 80’s. Big hair, big music and STEVIE NICKS. I could have the fringe and perm I’ve always dreamed of.
- Never Trust A Book Nerd
- Fatima @ Noteablepad
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders
- Izzy @ The Ravenclaw Book Club
- Eleanor @ Real Tasty Pages
- Iona @ Booksreenchanted
- Milou @ Simply A Book Drunkard
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- Kamilah @ The Bookish Mirage
- Taylor @ The Book Wench
- What’s your favourite thing to cook? (soz, got food on the brain)
- Snog, marry, throw off a cliff: Will Herondale, Julian Blackthorn, Magnus Bane
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s the best quote you’ve recently come across in a book?
- Name three things you couldn’t live without
- If you had to get rid of all but one of the apps on your phone, which one would you keep?
- Do you have any WordPress pet peeves/annoyances?
- Describe your ideal Saturday morning
- Open the book closest to your laptop/computer/tablet to page 54: what does the first line say?
- What’s your favourite cocktail?
Enjoy, fabulous people!