Thanks to the Orangutan Librarian for tagging me to take part in the Blogger Aesthetic Award! She recently hit 1,000 followers on her blog and I must say it’s very well deserved. You should definitely head over and check out her aesthetic and the rest of her brilliant posts. I’ve had a pretty sweet little hour (or two…perhaps even 3) scrolling through Tumblr and Unplash and swooning over the prettiest of book aesthetics.
This award was created by the wonderfully snarky and very talented Liam at Hey Ashers. You can check out his blog and his aesthetic by clicking here.
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favourite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
I’ve gotta say, I’m pretty pleased with that. Especially the puppy because PUPPIES. ❤
Unfortunately I have no idea who created these beautiful images, but I take no credit for any of them. Check out Unplash and Tumblr for more loveliness.
I nominate the lovely:
Lauren at Wonderless Reviews, Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books, Fadwa at Word Wonders, Amanda at Cover2Cover Mom, Emma at the Bookish Underdog, Kai at Black Cat Kai, Stephanie at TeacherofYA and Izzi at The Ravenclaw Book Club.
Hope you’re all having a wonderful Saturday, whatever you’re doing!